September 30, 2013 by stboswellsvillagehall
St Boswells Village Hall Committee has another new sub-committee (so many people involved now it is Fantastic!). The Climate Challenge Sub-Committtee meet every month to bring the information together required to report monthly to the Climate Challenge Fund on progress both for the building and refurbishment and the promotion of energy saving in the community. New cards are being designed, these will appear every other month or so with Energy Saving Tips with a difference and some inspiration for householders to save energy (and money).
Our regular Open Meetings bring together reports from this subcommittee as wells as the Fundraising and Refurbishment subcommittees. Everyone is welcome to attend Open Meetings to find out more about whats happening in your Village Hall. The next Open Meeting is 21st November 2013 at 7pm in the Lesser Hall. This month monitors are being researched ready for the householders to start monitoring their energy use.
At the Village Hall during September 2013:-
- Architect continues to develop detailed proposals and information for tender process.
- Structural engineer has provided structural design certificate for the Building Warrant which has now been submitted (fee paid).
- Precautionary Asbestos survey carried out (part of the CDM requirements)
- List of contractors for the competitive tender being drawn up.
- Cost check being prepared by Quantity Surveyor.